Taking the Yakezie Challenge!
I’m having a great time with this blog and the Money Counselor business. After just four months, I’ve learned so much and “met” (in cyberspace) so many cool, smart people with a lot of interesting ideas and perspectives. I’ve written over a hundred Money Counselor posts—phew! And a couple of them we’re pretty good! 🙂
I feel the time is right to take on the Yakezie Blog Network challenge. The first step in the challenge is to install the Alexa toolbar. I know the Alexa rankings aren’t exactly the product of refined science, but still, I admit to a short bout of depression when I first saw Money Counselor’s Alexa ranking: 1,641,999. Ouch. That’s humbling. But also motivating.
To meet the Yakezie challenge, for the next six months I must:
- Post 2-4 times per week (been doing 5 times per week)
- Install on Money Counselor the Yakezie challenge badge (done)
- Announce that I’ve joined the challenge (you’re reading it!)
- Selflessly promote others and build relationships (I’ve been doing this, but look forward to ramping it up)
- Meet the other Yakezie members and challengers on the Yakezie forum (great!)
To become a Yakezie member, besides succeeding at the above challenges, I have to achieve a 200,000 or better Alexa ranking for Money Counselor within six months. As an ex-Business Coach, I know what it’s going to take to meet this goal: Mainly, persistence!
Wish me luck! My Yakezie challenge results will be reported here in six months.