Wacky Video and Thanks, 17 Jan 2014 Update
When Google Glasses incorporate this feature, I’m a buyer.
Please send me your nominations for the week’s Wacky Video. I’ll give you credit here if I include your pick.
- With the interesting tagline “the authority on bad credit™”, the website badcredit.org chose Money Counselor as one of its “10 Best Blogs for Quick Money Tips“. Wow!
- Emily at Evolving Personal Finance liked my post “Living Simply, Cheaply, and Happily” enough to include it in her list of Favorite Posts for the week. A lot of people seemed to get a kick out of the story of the trove of personal correspondence between my Dad and I, including an image of my actual 1978 college budget. The same article got picked up by J. Money’s Rockstar Finance! Thanks Emily and J.
- The holiday edition of the Carnival of Money included my article “Save Money and Trees by Opting Out of Pre-Approved Credit Offers“, thank you very much! I hope this piece cuts my carbon footprint for 2013.
- Travis at Enemy of Debt gave me a fist pump for my timely “How to Dump a Gift Card“. If you’re not familiar with Travis and Enemy of Debt, now would be a great time to tune in. Travis and his spouse are closing in on paying off over $100,000 in credit card debt through a debt management plan. I think I’ll be able to hear from here on Vancouver Island the celebration in Minnesota when that last payment is made! And have you discovered the blog Color Me Frugal? You should check out Dee’s work there. And I’m not just saying that because she also liked “How to Dump a Gift Card” enough to include it in her post-Christmas Saturday Morning Roundup! I really hit the jackpot with this post—last but not at all least, Money Smart Guides included it in the New Year’s edition of the Carnival of Financial Planning. Thanks Jon!
- Grayson at Debt Round-Up does a really cool year-end post where he publishes the year’s best personal finance tips. The tips aren’t other posts, but nuggets from people like me who like to run their mouths about money. Check out Grayson’s 2013 post to read my tip (and many others that are actually good!).
- How about that payment card hack fiasco at Target? Some lawyers are going to get rich off of that one. My post on the topic, “What You Need to Know About the Target Shopper Card Hack” made the Carnival of Money Pros at the esteemed blog Frugal Rules. Thanks so much John!
- Well it took forty-five editions, but I at last made the Carnival of Financial Independence at the blog Reach Financial Independence, Pauline proprietor. My post “20 Things to Avoid in 2014 to End the Year Wealthier and Healthier” made the cut. Thanks Pauline!
- I knew my post “Couple Complains About 25% Car Loan One Year After Bankruptcy” would be red meat for the guys at Control Your Cash, and they didn’t disappoint. Check out their Carnival of Wealth featuring my piece.
Thanks friends for spreading the Money Counselor word!