Wacky Video and Thanks, 21 Apr 2014 Update
I find infomercials fascinating. You gotta love the acting in this compilation. And how the sellers work to create a need for their products is very entertaining too.
Please send me your nominations for the week’s Wacky Video. I’ll give you credit here if I include your pick.
- Michael at Financial Ramblings mentioned my article “2014 Tax Numbers to Know” in his list of interesting articles for the week. The same post also got noticed by 101 Centavos, earning mention in Monday Morning Fish Wrap (I hope that’s a compliment?). The last thing we want to think about right about now is taxes, but when we recover from doing 2013’s returns, there’s some good info here.
- Sunday Night Link Love at Impersonal Finance (tagline: “Money According to Hipsters”) mentioned my post on the always debated / never resolved question of whether it’s best to devote surplus cash to paying down debt or investing. You might be surprised by my answer, explained in “Pay Off Debt or Invest?”
- I really like the blog Color Me Frugal. And I especially like that Dee enjoyed my piece “Retirement Is Not an Option” about the challenges Baby Boomers face with retirement now looming. Many have no option but to continue working, essentially until their health totally gives out. The video in this post will scare the bejeebus out of you.
- I got noticed again by Michael at Financial Ramblings with my post on the 2013 Earned Income Tax Credit. Thanks Michael!
- I enjoyed the privilege of interviewing Travis, blogger over at Enemy of Debt along with other money credentials, about his feelings, thoughts, and plans after making the last payment in a debt management plan to repay $109,000 in credit card debt. Travis mentioned my publication of the interview. I truly think you’ll find Travis’ story amazing and inspiring. Dee at Color Me Frugal must have because she mentioned it in her Weekly Roundup #16.
- The Spring is Sprung edition of the respected Yakezie Carnival included my post “Are Your Social Security Benefits Taxable?” Many thanks to Mr. Utopia at Personal Finance Utopia.
- In “50 Free Financial Webinars!” I publicized a nice offering by a Dallas credit counseling agency in concert with Financial Literacy Month. Thanks to Money Smart Guides for mentioning the post in its Round Table of April 13.
Thanks friends for spreading Money Counselor’s stuff!