Wacky Video and Thanks, Week Ending 06 September 2013
Remember back in the “Leave It To Beaver” era when Moms advised their daughters to play hard to get? Evidently Dominic—the star of this edition’s Wacky Video—never got that message. Or else consuming mass quantities of alcohol made her forget temporarily.
Guys, I’m taking a poll: if you got a message like this, would you get in touch with Dominic?
Please send me your nominations for the week’s Wacky Video. I’ll give you credit here if I include your pick.
- I got a lot of sympathy and some great comments for Evicted by E*Trade, the story of how Ms. Money Counselor and I are being kicked out of E*Trade because we live in Canada (even though we’re American citizens). The blog Stacking Benjamins helped me solicit suggestions for U.S. banks that accept account applications from U.S. citizens living in Canada.
- My article “Help in Battling Debt Collectors“, describing a set of template letters for communicating with debt collectors made available by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, made the cut for the August 18th edition of the Carnival of Money Pros. Thanks Hank—nice to be called a “pro,” though personally I’m skeptical! 🙂
- Derek at Life and My Finances included my post “How Much Savings Is Enough?” in his August 11 Weekly Roundup. The article includes a couple of nifty (if I do say so myself), easy-to-use graphs to help you figure how long your retirement nest egg will last.
- It’s sure nice to be inspiring, even as publisher if not author. “To Save Enough Start Early“, a guest post by Patrick Russo of DepositAccounts.com I published on Money Counselor, made Martin’s “My inspiration in the last week #34” at Hello Suckers. On behalf of Patrick, thanks Martin!
- Here’s one I didn’t see coming: one of my posts made the September 03 edition of the Elvis Presley News Daily! Sure is satisfying to be recognized by The King’s disciples!
Thanks friends for spreading the Money Counselor word!